One room of your house is too cold, while another is too warm; no matter how you adjust your thermostat, you just can’t find the right balance. Or maybe one family member wants their particular room a little warmer or cooler than you have the thermostat set on.
Sound familiar? If so, maybe it is time you considered switching from a traditional central forced-air air conditioning system to a ductless mini split system. These systems feature a heat pump tucked away outside the home that is connected to individual air handlers for each room. They are generally more energy-efficient than standard A/C systems and are growing in popularity. Your friends at Climate Control Company offer a complete line of Mitsubishi mini split systems and would be happy to offer you a no-obligation estimate for installation. In the meantime, here are 10 reasons to consider going ductless:
- No ductwork required. Obviously, but this can’t be overstated: the lack of ductwork lowers installation costs and reduces air loss.
- All rooms are not created equal. Some rooms are just cooler or warmer than others, depending on a variety of factors. Solve this problem with zoned cooling and heating. Lower the temperature in one room while keeping it the same in others.
- Can you say Wi-Fi thermostat control? Set the temperature in any room in the house by remote control of each individual thermostat and have it just the way you want it when you walk in the door.
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ). Ductwork is the perfect vehicle for spreading dust and other indoor pollutants throughout your home. Ductless mini-split systems reduce such pollution with built in purification systems.
- Lower utility bills. The system has multiple thermostats, which means homeowners can choose to only spend money cooling or heating some rooms instead of all rooms. Talk about increased efficiency.
- Say goodbye to bulky window A/C units. Also, unlike window units, mini split systems are not installed in unsecured windows.
- No-hassle installation. Each air handler is installed high on an interior wall, out of the way and is connected to the outdoor condenser unit via a 3-inch hole in the wall for the air delivery. Did we mention no need to install ductwork?
- Quiet operation. Older central A/C units and window units are just plain noisy. Most of the components of a ductless system are outdoors and generally much quieter.
- Perfect for remodels or additions. Have you added on a room or converted the garage or basement into extra living space? Mini splits are the answer for delivering climate-controlled air directly to these rooms.
- Money-saving special offers and rebates. Climate Control Company is going to make your decision to switch to ductless mini-split systems even easier with a limited time $500 discount on the installation of select systems. There are also up to $650 rebates available for some qualifying systems.
These are just a few of the reasons for making the move to a ductless mini-split system, and we would be happy to help you decide if it is right for your home or business. Call Climate Control Company today to find out more about our ductless mini-split options, special offers and rebates!