Over the years you’ve heard Climate Control Company sing the praises of the Mitsubishi brand ductless mini split heat pumps. They provide air conditioning, and to a lesser degree heating, for your Glenwood Springs, Aspen, or Vail, CO home. One of the great advantages is the absence of ductwork. The conditioned air is delivered directly to a specific home or area in the house. Additionally, multiple splits (indoor air handlers) can be attached to a single outdoor compressor.
MINI SPLIT VS MULTI SPLIT
As these systems have evolved, the mini split term is applied to the basic form of this ductless system while more sophisticated systems are called multi splits. Let’s take a close look at what these terms really mean:
- As mentioned, a mini split A/C can cool and heat multiple rooms using a single outside unit. Each one of the wall-mounted air handlers has a separate temperature control.
- Multi split air conditioners offer true zone control. Each unit can be set to a custom temperature, but all the units can be controlled using a SINGLE remote control. Mitsubishi brand multi splits are usually more sophisticated in terms of the technology.
- The majority of multi-splits use inverter (also called variable speed) technology.
- This makes the unit much more energy efficient because it isn’t continuously starting and stopping.
- Instead, the equipment slows down and speeds up as needed during the cooling cycle.
- This helps maintain a constant temperature without cycling on and off which uses a lot of electricity.
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
These split systems are the perfect complement to the radiant floor heating used in many Glenwood Springs, Aspen, and Vail, CO homes. The entire home can be heated and cooled without the additional expense and hassle of HVAC ductwork. The lack of energy loss associated with ducts means mini-splits and multi-splits are inherently more energy efficient than central heating and cooling.
A PREMIUM MITSUBISHI DEALER
If you want the utmost in air conditioning comfort and energy efficiency, call Climate Control Company, a Diamond Contractor for Mitsubishi brand mini-split and multi-split heat pumps. Being a Diamond Contractor means we provide an exceptional level of training and customer satisfaction along with expertise in a wide range of products and services from Mitsubishi. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to learn more about the services we offer.