Is your home safe from carbon monoxide (CO)? CO is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is a by-product of burning fuel. This includes; vehicles, stoves, grills, chimneys, gas ranges or furnaces. Unintentional deaths from CO poisoning reach up to 1,000/yr. An even more astounding statistic is the annual emergency room visits attributed to CO exposure; staggering around 43,000 cases. While these numbers are disturbing, you, your friends and your family can be spared from the possibly deadly impacts of this gas.
Adequate ventilation in your home is essential for your heating components and appliances. They should be checked and maintained regularly to make sure that they stay in working condition. Prevent CO poisoning by having CO detectors installed outside of every bedroom of your home. Generally U.L. listed CO detectors that can be bought at popular retailers won’t sound until your family has been exposed to as much as 70 parts per million (ppm) for more than 3 ½ hours! Hazardous levels, including OSHA and the World Health Organization’s rules, are between 15-35 ppm. Your trusted, trained, licensed and insured technicians from Climate Control are able to offer you superior CO detectors manufactured to sound at 10 ppm. Rapid detection = better safety.
Health and safety leaders suggest checking for sufficient ventilation and overall cleanliness of home fireplaces and chimneys yearly. Any type of blockage or obstruction could cause an unsafe development of CO. It should go without saying that you should never use charcoal grills inside or use unvented combustion heaters overnight or in sleeping areas. You should also never allow your car engine to stay on inside the garage with the doors closed. By taking proper precaution, your home can be safe from carbon monoxide. Contact Climate Control, your chosen heating and cooling company, today to have your home inspected and install quality CO detectors for ultimate in-home security.