If you use a smart phone or a home or work computer, you have the potential to enjoy personalized comfort and energy savings at the convenience of your fingertips. With WiFi and online capabilities, you’re never too far away from optimal home comfort.Smart thermostat technology provides a communications link, or window, between homeowner and home efficiency. Smart technology has the capability to monitor compatible home-comfort systems (heating, cooling, humidification, dehumidification and ventilation) and adjust interactively based on your programmed comfort/energy-savings settings, weather conditions, utility prices and peak-usage periods.
These are some of the features and benefits of smart thermostats.
- Programming your thermostat is made simple at home with large intuitive touchscreens.
- Stuck in traffic? Working late? Use your cell phone to adjust programmed settings accordingly.
- You have the option of several daily event changes to boost comfort and savings.
- “Grid” thermostats monitor changing energy prices in real time and adjust energy consumption accordingly.
- Radio-frequency remote control does not interfere with home electronics or other monitoring systems (e.g. baby monitor).
- You can optimize home comfort with compatible comfort systems, such as heating, cooling, (de)humidification and zoning systems — all from your smart thermostat or remote access.
- You can receive system alerts regarding system malfunctions, filter change and scheduled maintenance, and some models interact with home-security systems and automatic lighting.
To get the most energy savings and convenience from your smart thermostat, remember to program it accordingly. If you’re upgrading your comfort systems or planning new construction, using smart technology makes sense. With so many easy-to-use features, smart thermostats are virtually custom-designed and adaptable for each home.
Work closely with your HVAC professional to select the best model for your needs and home-comfort systems compatibility. For more information about smart thermostats, contact Climate Control Company. We’ve proudly served Colorado’s western slope region for more than 50 years, and we look forward to your call.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Aspen, Vail and the surrounding Western slope communities in Colorado about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about smart thermostats and other HVAC topics, please visit our website.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock