The tough decisionMany times, homeowners must decide if it makes more sense to repair the old furnace or invest in a new one. The decision is seldom an easy one. A new heating system is a major investment so wanting to keep the old one for as long as possible is natural. Here are some common sense questions that can help you decide:
- Did your current furnace require a repair in the last year?
- Does it seem like your monthly heating bills are getting more expensive?
- Have you been told additional repairs are required in the near future?
It’s just a boxClimate Control is proud to feature furnaces from reputable manufacturer like Lennox. But here’s something many HVAC contractors may not tell you: A furnace is just a box. Many different furnaces with different brand names use the exact same components. The difference is what happens after the new furnace is taken out of the box.
The most important day is installation dayProper installation is the single MOST IMPORTANT factor in determining if your new furnace will keep your home comfortable and operate as efficiently as possible. Here are just a few factors to consider when deciding who to do business with:
- Has the company been in business for at least 10 years?
- Is it locally owned with accessible ownership?
- Is the company licensed and bonded with the proper permits?
- Does the company carefully screen employees during and after hiring?
- Are the technicians EPA and NATE certified?
- Can it provide references for recent furnace installations?